Thursday, July 5, 2012

Xyz - Dead Presidents (Remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9bSPzbqvs0Y#!

Xyz speaks from Italy; kills Jay-Z's classic "Dead Presidents" with sharp flows about smoking to stimulate his imagination, questioning his chances to graduate high school, self-evaluating and stressing about gaining exposure. He spouts: "Sad calculations reveal I won't see graduation, so fuck education kids can't wait to grab their diplomas impatient..." and his optimistic side quips back, "to me it's irrelevant cuz it's heavily evident I'm intelligent."

Even with the seriousness of the song, Xyz still doesn't ignore wordplay. He showers the track with lines like: "...get my weight up cuz I be so hot I'm burnin' calories" and "I stay above you pussies like a clitoris." Ah, the imagery.

The mix and the tone keeps it old school 90's New York, his trademark mixtape sound. "Cry it Out" is still my favorite Xyz track though.

No comments:

Post a Comment